Sorry I have been so inconsistent lately, I have been having some computer issues lately that have been making it hard to post, but I promise that I am working on it! 🙂
Anyways, with Mother’s Day around the corner (at least in Canada) I thought that I would share with you some ideas for gifts for Mother’s Day that are always a hit for me. Side note; I also happen to combine this with my mom’s birthday gift as Mother’s Day and her birthday pretty much always fall within dayssssss of each other. So here are some ideas for gifts for your mom!
- Massage- This one was always a hit before my mom retired from teaching. This is also something that you could do with your mom OR give to her for some much needed ‘me’ time!
- Mani/ Pedi- You could one or the other, or both! Again this is something that my mom really enjoys and it’s always nice to feel pampered. This is something that you could arrange to do with your mom or for her to have some nice alone time.
- Brunch/ breakfast- When I was living at home it was always tradition for us to do breakfast in bed for Mother’s day. Now since I’m not at home we would usually go out for breakfast or brunch (of course, my treat). But whether you go out or stay in, the time spent with your mom is great 🙂
- Spa Treatment- Like facials or body wraps and other stuff. Or just a day at the spa in general. My mom would work so hard to provide for I would always want to do something that would be about pampering her and making her feel refreshed and relaxed.
- Photos- This could be a nice photo or you or the family or maybe a photo of them. Maybe it’s a family photo shoot that you arranged. This can be a range of things. My sister and I gave my mom a hand drawn picture of our child hood home for Christmas and she loved it. (just a suggestion) But I know that my mom always really liked getting nice framed photos of the family or of just me and my sister
These are just a few ideas that are usually a big hit for me for Mother’s Day. I have also added a small ls t of things you can do with your mom as well 🙂
- Hiking- We’ve always been an active family and going for a hike is something we love to do in the good weather and we bring the dogs too , so everyone gets to hang out with mom!
- Brunch- this is something that most families do already but it’s nice to spend time with mom over a delicious breakfast. So go ahead and stuff your face while celebrating your mom!
- Going to the movies- the movies are great for everyone and there is usually something out that your mom would want to see. It’s a fun way to spend time together and who doesn’t love movie theatre popcorn?!
- Shopping- now this doesn’t mean you have to buy stuff for you or your mom but even window shopping can be fun. It’s just time spent with your mom where you can talk and laugh
- Just hang out- you don’t have to go anywhere or do anything crazy, but just being with your mom and spending time together is what is most important.
Make sure you take some time out of your day to tell your mom how much you love them and appreciate all they have done for you and will do. Even if it is just a phone call, I know my life would be a hot mess with out my mom to help me along the way! So to all my moms out here thank you for all you do!!