Last weekend was the holiday weekend in Ontario, and that meant that I was working over the weekend at a very large event. I spent 3 days of 10+ hours walking around on a concrete floor just killed my feet and my knees. I also lost my voice from shouting/ having to speak loudly over all the noise. By the end of the 3 days I was exhausted and I wanted to share with you guys how I like to re-energize myself with some at pampering!
- Face Mask- this is my go to. I love the way my skin feels after a face mask. I know that I my face is clean and moisturized. In most cases I also really find them relaxing and just put me more at ease.
- Pedicure- I usually do an epsom salt foot soak to start. This really makes the soreness fade away, then I use a pumice stone to get rid of as much dead skin as possible from my feet. This is so so important. Getting rid of the dead stuff helps to keep feet healthy! Then I apply lotion to my feet to keep them nice and soft. Sometimes I apply nail polish, sometimes I do. That’s up to you!
- Manicure- Nothing makes me feel more out together than a fresh mani. I keep my nails short and do my best to take care of my cuticles.
- Bath- Baths are sooooo soothing. Add some epsom salts and all the soreness just melts away. You can bring some wine and a book and just unwind. You can even have some candles and soft music to really set a relaxing mood.
- Read- This is one that for me, is key. I love to read and I find that reading is something that I need to do to relax. It helps to get my mind off everything and to escape for just a little while.
This is something that I not only do for the physical benefits but also the mental benefits. Taking care of your self mentally is incredibly important, so always remember to take a break and do something that you enjoy and puts you at ease.
Take care of yourselves!