I have been wanting to try this for a while and so when my sister asked me to do it with her I couldn’t say no! We made a nice night of it with junk food and movies and some pretty cool DIY. I have to say these turned out quite well and I would definitely do it again!
Pinterest was super helpful. There is a post by a blogger Destination Decoration and she has the best instructions! Super helpful with a lot of tips and recommendations. The best part is that it’s not super expensive and something that you can do with a group of people or even as a special gift for someone.
So for materials you will need:
- A ceramic mug- Preferably white, but I think if you picked other colours you would have to be careful about the sharpies you choose to make sure they show up. I’m not sure if it would make a difference if it was not ceramic but juuuust to be safe I would make sure it is.
- Oil-based sharpies- MUST BE OIL BASED, or it won’t work. In any and all colours that you want.
- Cookie sheet with foil
- Make sure the mug is clean
- Pre-heat oven to 250F
- Create a design or pick a design that you like to put on your mug and got to town with your sharpies!
- Once you have finished your mug masterpiece and the oven is pre-heated, place them on the cookie sheet and into the oven for 2 hours.
- Let them sit over night once they are done just to make sure the sharpie is set- I found that the sharpie
- Aftercare- Hand wash only! Don’t put them in the dishwasher or the design will wear off.
And there you have it, your personalized mug! 🙂
This is what ours looked like after being baked
I will admit my penmanship needs quiteeee a bit of work but I am very happy with how they turned out and will definitely be doing this again!
For all of the instructions that we followed check out Destination Decoration !