This post is inspired by my mom. She is going on a trip to climb Mount Kilimanjaro next year and I am so excited for her! She has travelled a lot already but this trip is what really inspired me to make a list of the things that I want to do before I can’t anymore. I had this list written out on a piece of paper a couple years ago and I have changed and added a few things since then. These are in no particular order.
So here it is, my bucket list.
- Swimming with Great White Sharks– Thanks to watching Jaws and shark week I am obsessed to go swimming with the sharks. I think it would be so amazing. I have snorkelled with Leopard sharks but it’s the Great Whites I really want.
- Go to Scotland– My family has very strong ties to Scotland. Both sets of my Great-Grand Parents emigrated from Scotland and I would love to see where my family comes from.
- Learn another Language– Being Canadian I am taught French in school as well. I have retained about enough of it to tell someone my name and ask where the washroom is… But I really want to learn a different language because I want to this time.
- Learn to play the piano– I actually used to take piano lessons in elementary school for a few years and I really wish that I didn’t stop playing.
- Visit every province & Territory in Canada– I think this one is kind of obvious. But I wanted to say that I think it is not only important to see other countries but Canada is already so diverse that I would be missing out if I didn’t see as much of it as I can.
- See the ancient ruins in Greece– I love Greek mythology. I think it is fascinating with so many different gods and all the stories of their adventures and escapades (more like sexcapades.. looking at you Zeus). I took so many classical history courses in university I probably could have had a minor in the subject.
- Eat pasta, pizza & gelato in Italy– Obviously I want to eat the best food in the world, duh. Lucky for me that my boyfriends family comes from Italy so I have had some good real Italian food already.
- Ride a camel– Judge me all you want but I want to ride a camel, I can already ride horse so a camel is next.
- Have French Macarons in Paris– I, along with the rest of the world have an obsession with french macarons and where else would I go to eat them but Paris? It is also an incredibly beautiful and romantic city.
- Go on an adventure– Something like backpacking, or camping or a road trip. I want to do something that isn’t such a strictly planned trip or just a beach vacation. Something spontaneous, and maybe will include other items on this list.
Let me know some of the things on your lists!