This is a very short list of my 3 favourite books (series) right now and I realized that they all seem to have dominant and badass female characters. I have been working on this post for a while now and I have come realize a few things.
- I have a lot of books
- Apparently I don’t like to read books that aren’t part of a series
- I don’t like books with weak/ stupid female characters
- I realllllyyyyyyyy need to invest in a bookcase
The reason why it took me so long to write this post was that I really had a hard time picking my favourite books to stand alone. So instead I have grouped them as a series since as I said earlier apparently I only read books that have at least one other sequel to them. So really this is more like my favourite series of books but oh well! The order I have listed them isn’t my official ranking of them as I would actually take forever dithering over my decision and repeatedly changing my mind.
Now, let’s get started!
FYI, I left Harry Potter off the list because it is such and obvious choice and I felt that I wanted to share with you books that you may not have heard about. I do love the HP series, and we all know Hermoine is a boss ass bitch. Don’t event get me started on the Twilight series. I read them once and I have to say they just didn’t do it for me.
There are a lot of similarities to these books. But their stories are so different at the same time. These are the more in depth reasons I highly recommend these series.
- Throne of Glass Series- This series is probably one of the more exciting and has everything you could be looking for. It has magic, fighting, assassins, love, heart break, Kings & Queens, and some bad ass ladies. I love the characters and that the main focus of the stories is not the about finding love, that is just a sub-plot. The female characters are strong, independent and are more than capable of handling their own business.The main character had been through so much in her life and has such an interesting story. She is so different from a lot of other female characters, she fights so passionately and so so violently.
- Seven Realms Series- This series is a little less exciting than the first one listed BUT that does not mean it is any less good. There is less violence and fighting but there is still so much going on. This series is centred around a love story but not in an obnoxious way. There is magic, and fighting, love, loss, and so much more. I would have to say that it is the main characters stubbornness and unwillingness to yield to any male that attempts to take her throne that I love so much. She calls the lands she rules over her ‘Queendom’ as opposed to a ‘Kingdom’ and I think that is just awesome.
- Daughter of the Lioness- This one is slightly different from the other 2 listed above. It has many of the similar traits like magic, fighting, love, kings and queens. But it is different in that the characters involvement in those things is not quite as intense. The love story is there but doesn’t have a major impact on the major plot line. There isn’t as much fighting but it is there. It is the interesting character relationships and how the young woman carries herself that I love. She is confident and somewhat a trouble maker, she takes charge and doesn’t back down from a challenge.
I would love to hear your thoughts on these books if you have already read them or any recommendations for new books for me to read!